Internet has evolved as the biggest marketplace where buyers and sellers from all over the globe meet to sell their products. With the advent of smartphones, devices like iPad and laptop, people find it very easy and convenient to access Internet shopping websites from anywhere. This means buying of products on the Internet has become really popular. Every year, consumers spend billions of dollars to get shopping goods through online sources. However, every good aspect has some demerit as well. The article aims to explore the advantages and disadvantages of this new paradigm of shopping. If you have n’t still explored this new territory of eCommerce shopping, read on to find out benefits and risks associated with shopping in the virtual environment.
- Online shopping pertains to shopping at the convenience of one’s home. One does not need to change casual every day dress to make a trip to the nearest physical store. You can browse through online catalogue of websites while relaxing on your couch in comfy pajamas. Just select, order and it will be there at your doorsteps in a few days.
- As you are doing shopping online, you save a lot of physical energy, fuel, time and of course, money. It saves you from the ordeal of long hours of standing in queues to make payments.
- Online shopping stores are open 24*7. You can buy your favourite products at any hour of the day. These stores are never closed.
- It is convenient and easy. You don’t need to study or do a course to shop online. Simply get an Internet connection, browse trusted websites, place an order, make payment if you want to use plastic money and your order will reach you in a couple of days.
- One of the best feature is eCommerce shopping allows you to comparison between products and their prices. In this way, you can grab best deals by making smart purchasing decision.
- Many websites announce different discount schemes to enhance their customer base. You can join their social media outlets to get information on latest discount schemes.
- Major disadvantage of buying from shopping portals is that consumers can not touch, feel or sense a product. They can only look at the product images, read product descriptions and reviews to make purchasing decision.
- There is time lag between ordering a product online and its delivery at your address. You may need to buy something urgently. It takes at least a day to get products online.
- Some of the websites have very high shipping cost. If they have to import a product from another country, chances are positive that you have to shell out extra bucks to pay extra taxes.
- Payment mode may not be secure. Buyers must bestow their trust on reliable online shopping sources that have formidable reputation among consumers. You can’t trust anyone who sells products online.
- There is increased risk of product damage while shipping. It may take several days to get a replacement of the chosen products.
- Lastly, shopaholics may find it extremely dangerous as you may not resist the desire to order online again and again. Online shopping may disrupt a shopping addict’s budget with unwanted expenditure and bills.
Finally, I will like to conclude that online shopping has its brighter side and demerits however it is not a passing cloud, it is here to stay. People flock on best online shopping websites to cash in on the best deals every day. Shoppers must weigh the aforementioned pros and cons before making a choice to buy goods online.